Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Receipts

Of the many things I have collected over the span of my (almost) 20 years on this planet, one of the most compulsive collections I have kept is my two and a half years (2007-2009, so far) worth of check card receipts. The first purchase with my debit card was made on June 30, 2007 and I've been collecting all of my receipts ever since. Each one is different and I have so many that I can't even count them all.

Here are a few of the receipts from my collection:















Most recent purchase; while this isn't all that fascinating, extraordinary, or even particularly important it shows a record of my recent habits, well, eating habits at least.
















Smallest receipt; I looked through all of my receipts and this happened to be the smallest one.















Only blue receipt; most receipts are white with black type, but this one from Pier 1 is a really pretty blue color and one of the only colored receipts I have ever received.











First receipt; the first purchase I ever made with my debit card was was tote bag from The Format's website. I loved that bag, I wonder what happened to it...
















Most wrinkled receipt; I am surprised this was the worst one, I'm not always great about keeping things neat and tidy.















A grocery shopping receipt; another look at my eating habits. I probably don't want people judging me based on my divergent grocery lists, but, as they say, you are what you eat.















The most receipt copies from one purchase; this was the most excessive number of receipts I've ever gotten. 3 receipts for one meal? Give me a break, save a tree or two, why don't you!















One of the most interesting receipts; attached is what I think is an insurance receipt for a package I sent to my dad for his birthday containing a VCU hoodie.















Receipt for Art & Wonder books; I just thought it was neat that I found this receipt. I guess it's proof that I have them organized pretty well.

















Receipt from my favorite coffee shop; I just love Old Mill Bakery.

No comments: